OWNER, CELEBRANT, MC & WEDDING BLOGGER
Kia ora, hello, and big congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
Originally from Burnley in England, I moved to Queenstown, New Zealand in 2010 for a one year working holiday visa… And never left!
Whilst working for a catering company at many weddings I always thought that the celebrant had the easiest job. Whilst I was on my feet for 12 hours serving food and drinks, it seemed like the celebrant would show up, say a few words, sink a glass of bubbles and leave.
I’ve always been a writer, love to play host, and am a confident public speaker. So I figured I’d give this celebrant thing a go! I quickly discovered it’s not as easy as it looks, but enjoyed the challenge then and now I absolutely love using my marrying super power with every couple I work with.
I like to bring creativity and a bit of fun to your big day, and it’s important for me to match your theme or colour scheme and look the part. As a mum and an animal lover, I also get excited about including children and making sure that your pets get a special mention on your big day! I get to know you and your story, and this inspires the ceremony that I write just for you.
Lisa and Rod’s Wanaka wedding at Lookout Lodge
Camilla & Quinn’s fun winter wedding!
Greg & Steve’s intimate wedding at Coronet Peak
THE YOUR BIG DAY PROMISE
No matter the size or style of your wedding, what you get from YBD is always the same comprehensive and professional service. We tick all the legal boxes, but have a lot of fun along the way!
What to expect from YBD:
- A personalised wedding ceremony, just for you
- Guidance on writing your own wedding vows and provide examples if you wish
- Help applying for your New Zealand Marriage Licence to make it super easy
- Help in obtaining your New Zealand Marriage Certificate
- Personalised recommendations for other wedding industry suppliers and vendors that fit your personal style and budget
- And always be available for questions on anything Queenstown or wedding related
We want to learn more about your wedding plans and ideas, and answer any questions that you might have…say hello using the form below.