Who is Charlotte Winkel?
When Brad and I were looking for a celebrant for our own Queenstown wedding, we struggled to find someone young and who we felt we could relate to. I already had a love of writing, experience public speaking , a passion for weddings, and a wealth of local Queenstown knowledge. So I registered as a celebrant to give other couples the option for a young celebrant, and a wedding ceremony with a difference.
When it comes to weddings I’m passionate about marrying not just two people but their personalities and lifestyles, and telling their unique story. No two couples are the same, and so no two wedding ceremonies are the same. My vision for you is a wedding ceremony that’s personal, and ticks all the legal boxes, in a fun and engaging way.
You already know that I’m an independent marriage celebrant and wedding blogger (Your Big Day Wedding Blog).
Here’s 10 things you might not know about me:
- Brad and I had our own Queenstown wedding in January 2016 at Trelawn Place Guest House
- On our honeymoon I won over $200 playing blackjack in Las Vegas, but then Brad lost is all playing poker!
- We have two fur babies: a friendly border collie called Marley (after Bob Marley), and a cheeky tabby cat called Floyd (after Pink Floyd)
- I love writing and have had many articles published in various newspapers, newsletters, magazines and blogs
- I’m a long-term member and Vice President of Education for the Queenstown Toastmasters Club
- I’m also a member of the Queenstown Wedding Association, Queenstown Chamber of Commerce and the Celebrants Association of New Zealand
- You can often find me out amongst the beautiful Queenstown scenery walking the dog, skiing, or mountain biking
- But I’m equally likely to be on the couch binge watching Netflix and scoffing popcorn
- I practice yoga regularly after I found it helped me de-stress when we were planning our own Queenstown wedding
- And I love to cook and bake and I make the best ever chocolate fudge cake!
What is a Marriage Celebrant?
A marriage celebrant is someone appointed by the New Zealand registrar to officially conduct marriage ceremonies in New Zealand. The basic responsibilities of the celebrant role is to present the legally required elements of a marriage ceremony and register the marriage with the New Zealand Registrar.
What I love about being a marriage celebrant is meeting loved up couples from all over the world and helping them create a wedding ceremony experience that is completely unique to them as a couple. Your wedding day is all about you and I’m here to help you put your own stamp on your big day.
As your celebrant I will:
- Create and deliver a personalised wedding ceremony, just for you
- Give guidance on how to write your own wedding vows and provide examples if you wish
- Help you apply for your New Zealand Marriage License to make it super easy
- Help you obtain your New Zealand Marriage Certificate so that it’s through your letter box within a few weeks after your ceremony
- Make personalised recommendations for other wedding industry suppliers and vendors that fit your personal style and budget
- And always be available for questions on anything Queenstown or wedding related
How does it all work?
Choosing a celebrant for your wedding day is an important personal decision. You want to shop around and choose a celebrant who you feel comfortable with and “fits” with you.
If you’d like to work with me for your wedding day, I’d be so thrilled! Here are the next steps to take…
- Contact me today to check my availability
- We will arrange a time to talk- either in person, on the phone or via Skype or Face Time. This is an opportunity for me to learn more about your wedding plans and ideas so far, and for you to ask me any questions Queenstown or wedding related
- I will then send you my booking confirmation form and deposit request needed to secure your booking
- Once your booking is confirmed the fun really starts!
“Thank you Charlotte for assisting us in having the perfect, most romantic wedding day! We appreciated all your input and direction. We will be in touch in a few years when we are ready to renew our vows”
– Keeley & Baz x
"It was a wonderful day and Charlotte managed to write the perfect ceremony for us. We are so thankful to find a celebrant who related to us”
– Amy and Casey
"We received so many compliments about the ceremony — and that wouldn’t have been possible without you! Your youth and enthusiasm was the perfect fit for our relaxed garden ceremony."
– Holly and Mike x